Free Audiobooks with OverDrive and the Public Library

OverDrive Media Console:
Library eBooks & Audiobooks
After losing my hunger for reading or listening to audiobooks for several months, I slowly started gaining interest again, except for one major problem...finding time to sit down and read a book/eBook

I'm an Audible subscriber and I accumulated a few credits that I didn't want to lose, so I started listening and using my archive of credits.  I began catching up on my favorite authors, and my credits ran out  after about a week.  Out of credits and still hungry for more urban fantasy and paranormal romance, I purchased a few audiobooks, but I was going through about one audiobook per day, so of course, I couldn't that up.


Desperate for more I remembered my public library membership that I usually used only for children's books for the family. Thinking that it was worth a shot and at the least I would be able to download a few free eBooks and may find time to.squeeze in a few hours here and there to.read I gave it a shot.

Surprise, surprise, surprise... there's and app for that called Overdrive. Not only are eBooks available for download but also audiobooks. I immediately downloaded Overdrive, connected it to my public library account and started searching for books from my "to read" list at GoodReads.com. I found the Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaughn and The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine. Even though my library doesn't appear to have newer releases available as audiobooks, it's still a treat to be able to listen to FREE audiobooks.

I am able to check out multiple eBooks or audiobooks for up to 21 days.  Even if something is not available because it's already checked out since the library has limited quantities available, I'm able to put them on hold right there in the app and I receive an email when the item is available for download.

The overdrive app is a little buggy and stops periodically for reasons I have yet to.figure out, and even though it doesn't have the greatest looking interface or as many features as the Audible App, I still like it and besides, I'm not going to complain too much since I'm listening to free audiobooks.

Enough about Overdrive... off to listen to Kitty Takes a Holiday, Book 3 in the Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaughn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Widgets